Sunday, January 30, 2011

In real need of a victory

Well tonight's cake didn't go so well.  It was the banana cake.  I wasn't too hopeful for it once I finished mixing it up in the kitchenaid.  I never even made the icing to go on it.  It has a pretty nice flavor but not really something I can work with.  The cake did not rise, it was not super dense though and was very moist. Back to the drawing board I suppose.  Hopefully the chocolate cake will go much better.  It is hard to mess up a chocolate cake though.  I may have just jinxed myself right there.

On another note, we did get the living room downstairs painted.  We bought the paint for my bedroom upstairs, scheduled for the carpet guy to come measure for carpet and moved my mother in law and most of her stuff to her downstairs bedroom.  Very busy weekend with so much left to get done.  This is the hard push to the finish line.  Keep us in your prayers in the coming weeks.  Lots of moving and painting to get done. We still have 3 more rooms to get painted.  We are bound to be expert painters by the time we are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment