Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Years resolution time

Welcome to my blog.  I decided that my new years resolutions this year would be much simpler and maybe even slightly productive.  I wish to branch out and try more specialty cakes and fillings and icings and all that sort.  My other resolution is to drink more wine but that is neither productive or worth blogging about.  So I will stick with the cakes for now. LOL!

My first trial of the new year was a Creme Brulee cake with Brown Sugar Swiss Meringue Buttercream. Sounds divine huh?  Well it was so so and is definitely not a keeper for me!  So because of my flop the second part of my resolution came in to play and I broke out the wine... I guess maybe it is a bit productive after all.

My cake tomorrow will be a White almond Wedding cake with raspberry preserve filling and a vanilla almond buttercream.  This one has my husband salivating so hopefully it goes over a lot better than my first cake of the year.  Or I guess I will need to make another wine run.  LOL!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you blogging about your cake making excursions! I look forward to following you. Good luck with it (the cake making and the blogging).

    ReplyDelete