Monday, January 17, 2011

No cake today...way to much going on :)

Well today was productive in so many ways...just not cake ways.  LOL!  I am pretty sure I will make the cake tomorrow that I had planned to make today, just never made it to the store to buy more flour.  And there is no way I could bake anything without flour.  Considered making a quick batch of peanut brittle instead but was missing an ingredient there as well...oh well.

Today we moved so much stuff around and took several LARGE items of furniture to goodwill.  This move is on it's way and hopefully by the spring we will be all finished.  Maybe even before we have lived here a year!  For those of you who do not know, my father in law passed away last April and my family moved in with  my mother in law and her mother to help out.  We have been remodeling the basement so that they can move downstairs and we can move upstairs.  The remodel has taken several months longer than it should have and we are just trying to get done what we can as we go.  The kitchen, bathroom and one bedroom are mostly all completed.  We have some painting and flooring to get done so we can make the switch.  The kids are excited because they are ready for their own rooms and I am too!

Back on the cake track... I am really debating on going to culinary school and getting a pastry arts diploma.  I think that if the financial aide will fall into place I will be going as soon as they will take me.  I was really scared in the beginning when I first felt the urge to do this but I am starting to get excited and I am beginning to believe that this is a good move for me.  Who knows what I can do with this diploma?  At the very least it will be good to branch out and get to know how to do all sorts of new things!  Now I am waiting to hear back from the school and see what my next step is.  Thinking about it now I am so tempted to run to the store and buy flour to start my next cake... I know I would regret it though when it is midnight and I am just starting to fill and ice a cake.  Guess I will just go to bed instead.  Nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment