Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Peanut Brittle that wasn't

Last night I tried my peanut brittle recipe.  The taste is spot on, but the texture....not so much!  It is way to sticky and chewy.  Not brittle at all!  I am not sure if this is a flaw in the recipe or operator error...either way I think I will try a new recipe...shame really because the taste was simply wonderful.  I may try it again another day since it was raining yesterday which  may have played a major role in the brittle not being so brittle.  Not giving up yet!  I have a few new cake ideas already rattling around in my head and hope to do a couple new ones this weekend.  I am excited about the chocolate cake of course, and a banana cake with vanilla bean frosting.  Sounds like a winner to me but of course I have been duped before.  Tonight I made a batch of sugar/shortbread cookies for a good friend of mine.  Yum Yum!  Which of course inevitably means I will be making more this weekend because the kids love to use the cookie cutters and make their own and then decorate them.

On another note...culinary school is out of the question for now...at least the fast track program I was looking into.  The classes are 5 days a week for like 4 hours a night.  I just can't leave the family that long for 9 months.  Way too much commitment level for a working mom.  I am however looking into taking some classes, of course I just can't take the classes I want without taking some boring prereqs which is sort of irritating but I get the reasoning... I just want what I want... but of course doesn't everybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment