Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mmmmmmm....

Finally got around to making the next cake.  White almond wedding cake with raspberry preserve filling and vanilla almond buttercream icing.



 I personally do not like raspberry at all so the filling didn't excite me but my husband was over the moon about it.  It went over really well which makes me very happy (especially considering the flop on the last cake I tried).  The cake itself was my favorite...especially warm out of the oven.  I think everyone in the house's favorite part of my cake decorating is always when I cut the top off the cake to even it out.  It is usually still warm and always up for grabs.  This one in particular was very soft and so yummy.  I will definitely be suggesting this one (for wedding cakes especially) from now on.  I am starting to think about my next cake venture now...I don't know for sure what it will be yet but I am thinking something chocolate.  I figure if I made the raspberry filling for everyone else then I should get some chocolate for me in the next cake.  This cake will probably be several days out however.  I may try my hand at peanut brittle tomorrow because I do have the ingredients for this.  I will say I am excited about the cake I made today because I am pretty certain I can do many variations of this cake and it turn out just as wonderful.  hmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment